Take your next career step with Axiom supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk. This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business and to deliver the Axiom Vision.
The NDT Technician will join the Axiom Engineering Services business to support our full existing client base as well as new clients. You will act at the forefront of the business, working alongside clients and internal teams alike to provide the best possible service.
The role will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus of the role will be to continue the client’s positive journey with Axiom, by working closely with them, conducting non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques on a variety of in-service equipment and producing comprehensive reports to the highest standards, working in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examination set out by Axiom Inspectors.
- Carry out non-destructive testing and ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examination, in-line with the appropriate standard and procedure.
- To work alongside other NDT Technicians where required.
- Maintain accurate records of site results to then translate onto specific reporting templates.
- Liaise closely with site contacts throughout works, and upon completion of NDT.
- Writing of NDT reports to a suitable standard, detailing all areas of test, restrictions and results.
- Ensure that all work is being performed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Work within Axiom’s inspection quality programme to maintain UKAS accreditation.
- Aid in the coaching and mentoring of junior members of the NDT team.
- Between 4-8 years experience working within non-destructive testing.
- Relevant PCN Level 2 qualifications, as detailed below.
- Proven experience in identifying complex defects when carrying out tasks. (Cracks, abrasions, thinning, pitting and corrosion).
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or alone where required.
- An interest in coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team, ideally with some previous experience demonstrating those skills.
- Experience writing error-free reports using specified templates or from scratch.
- Experience with forged and wrought metals is advantageous.
- PCN Level 2 in the following, Ultrasonic Testing and Magnetic Particle Testing and/or Dye Penetrant Testing and comfortable demonstrating ability in at least two.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A valid, full UK Driving Licence.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles.
- Able to meet deadlines to an efficient standard.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection, Process Engineering and Process Safety.
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org