Take your next career step with AXIOM supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk. This is an exciting opportunity to support the business growth strategy to deliver the AXIOM Vision.
The Senior Process Safety Consultant will work in the Process Safety Group to support the development and growth of the Process Safety & Process Safety Engineering Services business across our full client base as well as into new clients. The role will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus will be to work closely with the existing engineering services teams to develop Process Safety and Process Safety Engineering as complementary to the current asset integrity services delivered by AXIOM including Materials, Mechanical and Inspection which gives AXIOM the unique ability to deliver total solutions.
- Leads team/individual assignments, manages fee rate and utilisation to deliver agreed contribution.
- Brings leading edge thought leadership and processes to deliver client business benefit.
- Delights clients and manages relationships meeting quality, cost, and delivery.
- Works with the Commercial team and Business Development to win work at target fee rates for self and others.
- Supports development of AXIOM Process Safety and Process Safety engineering competency management, standards, methodologies, work processes, procedures and enabling tools/systems.
- Operates as an experienced Process Safety consultant in the industry.
- Run and control meetings with multiple customer stakeholders.
- Keeps up to date with Process Safety trends, legislation and identifies areas for developing capabilities, whilst making contacts at senior level in client organisations and being active in key external bodies.
- A degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, preferably Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Chartered with an appropriate Institution or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills including technical report writing and reviewing.
- Strong experience within the target sectors covering operations and capital investments (including design principles, process and standards for process plant); and strong knowledge of relevant UK legislation in this sector (eg COMAH, DSEAR and related codes/standards)
- Strong experience providing leadership and consultancy support across a range of process safety areas including COMAH, Project Safety Management (PSM), Project HAZOPS, Retrospective Hazard Reviews (HAZOP), Process Hazard Review (PHR), Hazard Study 1- 6, Hazard Identification, LOPA, Quantified Risk Assessment(QRA), Consequence modelling, Occupied Building Risk Assessment (OBRA), Alarm management, Bowtie analysis, Functional safety (IEC 61511), Hazardous area management (ATEX/DSEAR), Human factors, Pressure Relief and Flare assurance.
- Strong experience of using recognised software for dispersion modelling, fire and overpressure effects.
- Strong knowledge and network within target sectors/regions Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Power.
- Technical results-oriented professional with a high degree of enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong capability to articulate the benefits of the services and value proposition in alignment with the clients needs.
- Demonstrated capability in coaching and consultancy.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility, and well-developed influencing skills.
- Excellent leadership
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection and Process Safety.