Take your next career step with AXIOM supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk. The Senior Process Engineer will join the AXIOM Process Safety Consultancy & Process Safety Engineering Services business to support our full client base as well as into new clients.
The role will include working closely with AXIOM’s Process Safety Engineers and Consultants to deliver solutions to clients, operating as an experienced professional, well-known and trusted advisor in the industry.
The successful candidate will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus will be to work closely with the existing engineering services teams to support Process Safety and Process Safety Engineering as complementary to the current asset integrity services delivered by AXIOM including Materials, Mechanical and Inspection which gives AXIOM the unique ability to deliver total solutions.
- Leads team to deliver assignments, manages fee rate and utilisation to deliver agreed contribution.
- Coaches and develop team members within the team
- Brings leading edge thought leadership and processes to deliver client business benefit.
- Deliver Senior Process Engineering, Process Safety Engineering and Pressure Relief support to clients meeting agreed objectives.
- Delights clients and manages relationships meeting quality, cost and delivery.
- Works with the Axiom Process Safety Group Manager, Process Safety Engineers and Process Safety Consultants to support winning of new work.
- Supports engagement with key client technical contacts eg, Site Managers, Engineering Managers, Process Safety Managers, Process Engineers.
- Leads and supports development of Axiom Process Safety and Process Safety Engineering methodologies, work processes, procedures and enabling tools/systems.
- Active in key external organisations e.g. professional bodies, subject groups etc.
- Keeps up to date with Process Engineering and Process Safety Engineering trends, legislation and identifies areas for growing developing capabilities.
- Experience across a range of Process Engineering and Process Safety Engineering areas including Process Engineering Design- Front End Studies through to Detailed Design, Inherent Safety in Design, Basis of Safety, Plant support and trouble-shooting, Pressure Relief studies and verification for new projects and existing assets, supporting Hazard Studies, HAZOP, LOPA inc attendance, Area Classification and DSEAR, COMAH support.
- Knowledge and network within target sectors/regions Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Energy and Renewables, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution.
- Experience of using recognised software for process engineering.
- Technical results-oriented professional with a high degree of enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial mindset, with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A valid, full UK Driving Licence.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering is essential, and being Chartered is highly desirable.
- Strong, demonstrable industry experience, covering operations and capital investments (including design principles, process and standards for process plant); and knowledge of relevant UK legislation in this sector (COMAH, DSEAR).
- Excellent knowledge of report writing and reviewing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility, and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection, Process Engineering and Process Safety.