Take your next career step with AXIOM supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk. This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business and to deliver the AXIOM Vision.
The Inspector will join the AXIOM Engineering Services business to support our full existing client base as well as new clients. You will act at the forefront of the business, working alongside clients and internal teams alike to provide the best possible service.
The role will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus of the role will be to continue the client’s positive journey with AXIOM, by working closely with them, inspecting a variety of in-service equipment and producing comprehensive reports to assess and recommend improvements to the highest standards, where required.
- Inspection of pressure vessels, pipework, storage tanks and other process equipment.
- Forming a key interface with the client to offer assessments and recommendations on the condition of the inspected equipment, the remedial work, repairs, maintenance or modifications that may be required.
- To act as the Axiom focal point on client sites for which you are the designated Inspector, ensuring effective client management, issue resolution, and promoting reach-back to other disciplines within Axiom to offer a comprehensive service.
- Creation and amendment of Written Schemes of Examination (WSE).
- Writing, signing and issuing of:
- Inspection Reports
- Supplementary Inspection Reports
- Imminent Failure/Danger Notification Forms
- Movement Reports
- To coach and mentor more junior level members of the inspection team on a regular basis.
- 10+ years experience working within Inspection.
- Must be qualified to relevant Inspection body standards, such as API and/or EEMUA.
- HND qualification minimum, or degree within Mechanical/Chemical engineering.
- Considered a subject matter expert in Inspection of all of Axiom’s key disciplines, such as Piping, Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Relief Systems.
- Capable of inspecting complex industry equipment in a variety of settings, whilst supervising junior inspectors
- Error-free report writing with experience of cross checking the reports of others within the team.
- Experience of specifying Inspection intervals in accordance with approved codes and current Written Schemes of Examination.
- API-570 Piping Inspection, API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspection, API-653/EEMUA 159 Tank Inspection, API-580 Risk Based Analysis
- Previous experience in NDT techniques, ideally qualified to PCN Level 2 for Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing and CSWIP 3.0/3.1.
- A valid, full UK Driving Licence.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organizational agility and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles, as well as the ability to coach and mentor junior inspectors.
- A proven record of delivering technical customer services to high standards.
- Able to meet deadlines to an efficient standard.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection,Process Engineering and Process Safety.