Take your next career step with AXIOM, supporting its clients to maximise the integrity of their assets and minimise risk. This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business and to deliver the AXIOM vision.
The Senior Materials Engineer will join the AXIOM Engineering Services business to support their internal teams and extensive client base. The Materials section is a key part of AXIOM’s full asset life cycle offering. The hub of the Materials section is a well-equipped laboratory which enables failure cause analysis studies to take place.
The role will predominantly be based at their North East of England HQ situated in Stockton-on-Tees, but providing services from clients across the UK and globally. Target sectors are typically process: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy. However, the Materials section also serve other industries such as automotive and aerospace on occasion.
The focus of the role requires the ability to identify a broad range of failure and corrosion mechanisms with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and by written reports, to colleagues and clients.
- Lead the failure analysis service, corrosion assessment work and testing.
- Contribute to the development of risk-based inspection procedures for a variety of high hazard process equipment.
- Compile reports detailing failure and corrosion mechanisms.
- Conduct site inspections and assessment works for AXIOM clients.
- Provide support to other sections of the business, namely: Mechanical, Inspection and Process Safety.
- Extensive history working within a similar role and industry.
- Use of cutting equipment and the handling of chemicals.
- Experience working within a lab environment, with a consistently mature attitude towards all aspects of Health & Safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Experience with a diverse set of metallographic tests, including Macro and Micro Hardness Testing, ASTM E562 and ASTM E45.
- Experience of failure analysis, welding, deterioration mechanisms and corrosion assessment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or alternatively time served within the materials testing industry.
- Confident user of laboratory-based testing equipment and workshop sample preparation apparatus.
- A valid, full, clean UK Driving Licence.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility, and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles.
- A proven record of delivering technical customer services to high standards.
- Able to meet deadlines to an efficient standard.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection, Process Engineering and Process Safety.