Take your next career step with AXIOM supporting our clients to maximise their asset integrity and minimise risk. This is an exciting opportunity to support a growing business and to deliver the AXIOM Vision.
The Structural Surveyor will join the AXIOM Engineering Services business to support our full existing client base as well as new clients. You will act at the forefront of the business, working alongside clients and internal teams alike to provide the best possible service.
The role will operate UK wide into the target regions: North East, North West, Humber and Scotland and target sectors: Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Food, Bulk Storage & Distribution, Renewables and Energy.
The focus of the role will be to support the client through their journey with AXIOM for all needs relating to the surveying of civil and structural works. You will be the primary contact for routine inspections of a variety of in-service equipment.
- Carry out routine inspections and surveys, in line with the relevant regulations, for the following –
- Steel structures.
- Pipe bridges.
- Storage tank bunds.
- Walkways, access ladders and platforms.
- Jetties & dolphins.
- Steel portal buildings e.g. warehouses, boiler houses, or plant containing buildings.
- Prepare clear and concise reports outlining survey findings, recommendations, and necessary actions; identifying potential challenges and discrepancies in the field and communicate them to the client and internal teams.
- Always prioritise and promote safe working practices, ensuring adherence to relevant safety guidelines.
- Stay updated on advancements in surveying technology and techniques through continuous learning and training opportunities.
- Extensive experience within Civil and Structural Surveying/Engineering, especially working on complex jobs.
- Experience working with a variety of surveying equipment, including total stations, GPS, and laser scanners.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or alone where required.
- Previous experience working in customer/client facing roles.
- Experience writing error-free reports using specified templates or from scratch.
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Professional surveying certifications are advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A valid, full UK Driving Licence.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, organisational agility and well-developed influencing skills, ideally in client facing roles.
- Able to meet deadlines to an efficient standard.
To protect people, the environment and community by providing technically excellent services to support managing the integrity of assets in the fields of Materials, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection, Process Engineering and Process Safety.